Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Friends I just met

music

The Wayfarer is a nice blog by a friend I just met.

I've been on a socializing blitz since at least Tuesday. Considering I like never go anywhere, this was a great effort. My parents are probably happy their recluse child chose to leave the house :) Olakunle, I even "met someone."

Let's see:
Monday - wrote a training manual and got very tired.
Tuesday - finished The Abyssinian Boy in an upstairs classroom in Unilag with a fresh fragrant forest breeze. Then hung out with "my children" at Creative Arts. Then to Taruwa, a poetry/live music gathering, where I actually first met Seun2 who gave a couple of us a ride home, lest I forget. Taruwa is nice. Bi-weekly. Hosted by Bez, a gifted musician and one of my favourite.
Wednesday - NLI Notes2Note launched, then I caught a movie, ran into Seun-in-a-suit, another movie, then followed him to his church fellowship where I met Seun2 who writes The Wayfarer. It was too cold so I waited outside like one witch.
Thursday - went to watch High School Musical (theater performed for Children's Day for rich kids, one of my children played a lead role otherwise I have no business with HSM) after work. It started hours late.
Friday - Met The Onyeka I Adore - that was a treat, and then went to this awesome Nigerian Leadership Initiative seminar as a visitor.
Saturday - nice lunch then the Farafina Writers shindig that had Seun Kuti and then to the dinner for the NLI seminar where people stayed up talking till 3am. See brilliance.
Sunday - chilled.
Monday - a holiday so to the movies with the "met someone" who revealed at the end of the evening that he was born in 1988. Great dramedy, you should have been there.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Yikes! 1988...LOL!
But I'm glad you are making it out and about. We should catch up at some point

t said...

Hey dear, we have to catch up. And I'm not travelling this summer anymore it seems. But soon after...