Sunday, March 27, 2016

Tips for old people at concerts

I had fun at GidiCulture yesterday.
Basically I love the outdoors and I'm always indoors, so it was fantastic and chill to be out on the beachsand doing nothing.  People-watching.  

Then the main event started
and this hyperactive em-cee and his 500 minions decided to kick me out: in their bid to get the place more, urr, pumping (oh God why do people say turnt turnt turnt) they turned up the volume till iii was vibrating.
I stepped back and back and back till I was out on the street. :D
The end. 
http://wikitravel.org/en/Easter_Island

Advertisement: Read my books. ###Three Sisters, novel #1 here###

If you're old like me, the way to handle these things is:
  • Go early, maybe a few hours early, and leave when it gets noisy i.e. when the main event starts?   
  • Afterwards, definitely bitch and complain (call your friendly radio station, start a letter-writing campaign...o right, they have email now - do that too) so that the concert world will change to accommodate the needs of the sane and still-hearing in society.

1 comment:

t said...

Speaking of people-watching: see event photos