Friday, March 02, 2007

Hermès, schmermès. Buy this scarf.

music

I'm knitting.

Why? I signed up to do a local playreading (in Oakland, tomorrow.) My character is a librarian named Joan, who knits throughout the short play. I could fake-knit on stage, but OF COURSE I drove to Michael's before rehearsal one day and bought some conspicous gold-coloured knitting needles, some yarn and a beginners kit a helpful attendant picked out for me, which includes a how-to-knit book with pictures.

The basics are easy, I've been back to Michael's for more yarn, including a different colour to pattern it, and now the knitting has grown to about 40% of a scarf.

Just now I picked it up to continue and exclaimed "God, it's beautiful." It occured to me that I had more than a stage-prop on my hands, I had a scarf in the making.

First thought: give it to Raj, but he's a man who hasn't learned to wear pink yet. So I'm going to sell it.

You should buy it. See sidebar on the right for Google Checkout button. I'll ship no sooner than a week from today, after it's completed, insha'Allah.

11 comments:

Kiibaati said...

You are actually serious about selling the scarf?

t said...

Serious.

Anonymous said...

mon Dieu, comme t'es drole. $850? i'll buy it for N850. i'm sure it's pretty. :)

t said...

P.S. It's done. I hope to knit another soon.

t said...

Knit scarf #2 is cream and grey. I think #3 will be a patriotic cream (white) and green. What d'ya think?

Also, I'm dreaming up:
- a recycled one - from strips of cotton fabric in lilac, peach, yellow, or other pastel colour(s);
- a silk/satin one, for later this year.

t said...

Scarf #3 is a light scarf in a blend autumn colours (eggplant, dark greens and browns). It's the smallest scarf I've made so far, and it's more playful than the other two. Dimensions > 4 ft * 1/2 ft.

Price reductions. C'mon snap them up! Buy at the bottom of sidebar on the right at this page. Need to use google checkout. Will usually ship same or next day, any address.

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious!!! I just needed a good laugh today, thanks!

t said...

I knew you'd enjoy it, Corinne (I didn't tell you I was knitting :) and I'm laughing now thinking about how you laughed...
but I really have three scarves here, and I'm planning to get some wool and knit another one soon.

t said...

My future life will involve swimming. I need lovely swimwear. I didn't like the heavily-padded offerings at the store, and further, I found the perfect spring coloured cotton yarn. I'm 20% done making my one-piece halter-neck bathing suit. It's coming along nicely, but I need to get a circular needle to continue as planned. The colours are divine and I'm excited about finding the occasions to wear it a lot.

t said...

I got nearly to the end of the swimsuit - love, love, love - but to fix some problems I have to go back to about 75% and re-do the weekend's work. No problem, al-hamdulillah.

t said...

ok srk :)